21 August 2010

Total Freedom

Part of my life is dedicating to collecting and sharing books.  Half of them only get half read, but I enjoy the hunt for words that are composed in such a way to give me pleasure and or teach me something of value.  I came across Total Freedom: The Essential Krishnamurti 
"[Krishnamurti's] language is naked, revelatory and inspiring. It pierces the clouds of philosophy which confound our thought and restores the springs of action... He initiated no new faith or dogma, questioned everything, cultivated doubt and perseverance, freed himself of illusion and enchantment of pride, vanity, and every subtle form of dominion over others... I know of no other living man whose thought is more inspiring." --Henry Miller
Basically, this guy throws down some food for thought.  Iv'e held in my hands many books from authors who attempted to explain the unknown.  Krishnamurti cuts threw it and speaks about what is.  
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment