18 August 2010

Riverwest24

Via: Christopher Brooks
Before I get to far, I have to mention, the highlight of my summer for the past three yrs.  There is a cozy neighborhood in Milwaukee that birthed a community urban bike-race called the Riverwest 24.  It is a 24 hr. bike race though the neighborhood tallying laps and grabbing fun bonus checkpoints for doing various things such as, being an extra in a indi movie, getting a ridiculous hair cut, painting a picture, or getting a tattoo.  The first yr had just over a hundred people, the second yr more than doubled and this yr they capped it at 500.  It is more an expression of a community that loves to get together and bike than it is a competitive bike race,  although it certainly it that as well.   There are tons of pictures highlighting this event here is the first one that I grabbed that caught my eye.

1 comment: