02 September 2010

more polo

So I went back for more Polo in Manitowoc.  It was a blast.  I've known about bike polo for years and never gave it much thought, in fact I thought it was kind of nerdy.  It wasn't until recently that I became aware of the greatness of the sport.  It's a great way for people to get together and play games.  Often in our culture young people lack imaginative game play and just resort to..  I don't know what to people do these days..  ;)   I've found that the Manty league that I've been playing with (and I suspect this to be the case everywhere) is like a magnet attracting at least one or two more people each week.  We did away with the 'one pass before goal minimum" last night just to speed up the games.  There were enough players for four teams with a couple subs.  I had so much fun the previous week, I threw together a dedicated polo bike.  Its not perfect, I need a larger cog, and as of last night the front wheel is destroyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment